Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Between the mustard and the mayonnaise

Sounds like a great title for a blog about food.  It's not, though.
It's what my Ricky husband has been doing since completing truck driving school...the mustard being the yellow stripe down the left side of the road. The mayonnaise being the one on the right.  
First time he told me that he was "keepin' it between the mustard and the mayonnaise", he said something about ketchup and a mess if he didn't succeed.  

Nope, we're not talkin' about food.

Truck driving school was damn near the death of me.  For the first 4 weeks Rick was able to stay in a motel close to school. It was being provided by the Oklahoma Rural Opportunities program that got him in the school in the first place.  I say it was close... 
Driving 20 miles a day when gas was darn near 4 dollars a gallon and you have zero income... Not close enough!!  After 4 weeks Ricky had to drive the 108 miles everyday...coming home at night to eat, sleep and kiss a girl.  

That lasted another 4 weeks.

Were it not for my mom and my brother's financial help, we would surely not have survived to see Ricky complete his training.  

Now he has a job driving a hot shot truck.  For those not 'in the know', a hot shot trucker is the guy that gets the phone call  "Oil rig #209 out in the middle of nowhere Texas needs this part for their rig and we need it now".  Rick has made a trip up and down the Texas panhandle and a trip to Casper, Wyoming.  He turned down a trip to Ft. Collins, Colorado....no sleep...no driving.  So far so good, I guess.  I don't know if I like it yet or not.  Ask me after the money starts rollin' in.








 

No comments:

Post a Comment