Friday, December 23, 2011

It ain't Christmas til the fat man comes home.

So. I have a few days to myself.
Actually I have had lots of days to myself lately. Six weeks is a long time to be without my best friend. Though, I think he has had a much harder time of it than me and our girl. At least Savana and I have each other and those two loyal hounds, Ollie and Toad.

Rick likes driving a truck but he misses his family. He missed Thanksgiving and he was told he'd make it home for Christmas.
They were right only in the respect that, for me, it's not Christmas Day until Ricky is home. The presents... the dinner... it can all wait.






                           I could not resist throwing this in.  Go Santa!! Go Santa!!



                                

I have had a sick little dog keeping me company while Ricky's keepin' the highways hot.
Don't tell daddy but he has been sleepin' in the bed.  We're just not "animals in the bed" types. So, believe me... for him to get in my bed, one of us would have to be bad sick. He was. Didn't eat for a good week. Hardly drank any water and it hurt him to be touched pretty much anywhere from the neck down. He is one tough little dog. Check out his blog entry!


http://allrecipes.com/cook/10620038/blogentry.aspx?postid=165691







I loved him back to health. I think.


I sat down to write this blog with the idea that I was going to reminisce on the past year. I am just not feeling it, though. Not right now anyways. When I think about the past year, I think, "Lord, did that (insert the 'drought', 'failed lawn care business', 'intense summer heat', 'wildfires everywhere', 'sending Ricky to truck driving school with zero dollars and living off my family') ever suck."  
Next year will surely get better. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                         
                                 


I do have much to be thankful for.  We have it better than most.                                              

"The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you."                                                                             ~John E. Southard                                                                                      




Eat, drink and be merry!  If you can't be with the ones you love... love the ones you're with.
Don't drink and drive because the people I love are on the road, too. 
One of them is driving a big @ss semi truck and I want him home safe and sound.



Merry Christmas and may the new year bless you and your families.





1 comment:

  1. I knew it would come full circle for you!! I'm glad he'll be home in time...Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete